The town of Springdale is the best place to stay during your visit to Zion National Park. It is seconds away from the park, has great lodging, restaurants, shops, and art galleries. Visitors can use the free shuttle service to get around town and to access the Zion National Park shuttle.
We recommend staying at the Cliffrose Lodge they are conveniently located in regards to Zion National Park access and Springdale amenities.
Do you want to camp in style? Zion Trailer Rentals will deliver and set up a trailer for you at the Zion Campground.
Click here for a complete Springdale lodging list.
Hotels & Lodging
If you can't get a room in Springdale or would like to save some $$$ here are some options with travel times 1 way to Zion/Springdale.
- Hurricane - 25 mins, population 10,000. Good grocery stores and small town feel, but is lacking good restaurants.
- St George - 50 mins, population of 70,000. Great golf courses. Snow Canyon State Park is an interesting destination, but is hot in the summer months.
- Cedar City - 60 mins, population 25,000, Closest town to the Kolob Canyons section of Zion National Park. Cedar City's Shakespeare festival is the 2nd largets festival in the nation. Runs late June though late October. Cedar City is just 30 mins from Cedar Breaks National Monument which is similar to Bryce Canyon National Park. Cedar Breaks and the National Forest surrounding it are a great place to beat the summer heat. Elevation 9,000-11,000.
- Eastside Lodging - 45-115 min. The Ponderosa Pine and Zion Mountain Resort are both nice places to stay, however visitors staying there should know that they are isolated in regards to services and are a good drive away from Zion's Visitor Center/Shuttle Stop. Plan on 2+ hours a day commuting into Springdale. ZMR would be a very nice place to stay overnight on your way to Bryce. Beautiful area.
- Camping - Zion National Park has 2 campgrounds. Reservations reccomended during peak season(may-sept). Click here for reservations. There is also free camping on BLM managed lands.
Springdale Restaurants - Our top choices - Business hours listed are for spring/summer/fall/ seasons
- Bit & Spur Southwest/Mexican Dinner 5-10pm
- Spotted Dog Cafe American Breakfast/Dinner 7-11am/5-9pm
- Parallel 88 French/American Breakfast/Dinner 7-11am/5-10pm
- Thai Sapa Thai/Japanese Dinner 5-10pm
- Whiptail Cafe Southwest/Mexican Lucnh/Dinner 12-10pm
- Cafe Soleil Coffee/Sandwich/Wraps Brkfst/Lunch/Dinner 6:30am-8pm
- Oscars Cafe Mexican/Burgers Brkfst/Lunch/Dinner 7am-10pm
- Pioneer Coffee/American Brkfst/Lunch/Dinner 6:30am-10pm
- Springdale Fruit Co Sandwiches Lunch 11am-7pm
- Zion Pizza Noodle Pizza/Pasta/Salads Dinner 4pm-9pm
Galleries and Shops